Guitar chord charts reference
- The vertical lines are strings. From left to right (Low E, A, D, G, B, high E)
- The horizontal lines are the frets
- The top horizontal line is the nut unless there is a fret number beside it
- An empty circle above the string indicates it’s played open
- An “X” above the string indicates that string is not played
The basic open guitar chords with the suggested finger placement
The following chords would fit the C Major scale with the exception of the B Minor chord. It would need to be a B Minor Diminished chord if we were strictly using the C Major scale.