Are you struggling to achieve major success as a guitar teacher? One thing you can do to begin taking your guitar teaching business to the next level is observing the success of people in other fields. For example, consider this: In the Olympics, there is an extremely small margin for error that separates those who finish with gold, silver or bronze medals and those who go home totally empty-handed. In many cases, the difference between victory and defeat comes down to tenths of a second. For those who succeed, they go home with fame, glory and opportunities to earn big money through endorsements… for everyone else, success lies ‘just out of reach’.
When it comes to building a successful guitar teaching business, the scenario is quite similar. While there are thousands of people around the world who try to start teaching business, there is only a fraction of them who are able to succeed at it (earning TONS of money and transforming their students in the process). Everyone else tries to become successful but fails to achieve any significant results. Personally, I have experience in both scenarios. I began as a struggling guitar teacher (25+ years ago) and have since gone on to become the world’s top guitar teacher and guitar teacher trainer.
Most guitar teachers who are struggling in their businesses think that successful teachers simply ‘know more’ about music or guitar instruction. There is ‘some’ truth to this, however, these things are NOT the greatest factors for why some people are able to build highly successful guitar teaching businesses why others don’t know how to help their students get big results and end up working full time day jobs just to get by. Over the years I discovered that the main factor for becoming the most successful guitar teacher in your local area is related to that which makes up the foundation of your teaching business (not simply ‘how you teach guitar’).
Obviously you must always work on becoming a more effective guitar teacher. The real difference between highly successful guitar teachers and mediocre ones is this: Those who are unable to succeed at a high level spend most of their time working on the everyday tasks of ‘teaching lessons’, while the most successful spend their time working on their business (not just ‘in’ it). So just like two Olympic athletes, they can both compete in an event and have almost identical ability – only to end up with drastically different results in terms of their success.
There are many things that make up the core of any massively successful guitar teaching business. Some of these things include: developing a specific guitar teaching niche, putting together student referral systems, creating a solid teaching policy, understanding the process for attracting new students on a consistent basis, building Win/Win partnerships and much more (you can learn what elements are needed for developing your guitar teaching business by reading this guitar teaching business resource). Truth is, the majority of guitar teachers either ignores the elements mentioned above or do not develop them enough to quickly expand their business in order to overcome local competition.
If you can identify with this, I’ve got good news for you:
1. ‘It’s not as hard as you might think’ to alter your current methods for running your guitar teaching business. It simply takes dedication to get things going (while the work itself is not very difficult). Whenever I train a new guitar teacher to become more successful, he/she is shocked to learn that the steps to take for thriving as a guitar teacher are very easy to follow.
2. The benefits you will get from doing this will be HUGE, both for developing your guitar teaching business AND helping your students.
This is how building a strong foundation for your guitar teaching business will help you ‘break through’ and achieve success that is far beyond what most will ever experience:
You Will Naturally Begin Taking In More Of The ‘Right’ Students
Every guitar teacher want to work with students who are highly enthusiastic, practice on their own, take learning seriously and make quick progress. These kinds of students are very enjoyable to teach, however, the majority of guitar teachers are never able to find and teach these types of players. To consistently attract these kinds of students to your guitar teaching business, you must make your business cater to these specific types of people. You will do this by developing the things I mentioned above.
You Will Make A Great Living From Teaching Guitar
When you start thinking of guitar teaching as a ‘business’ and invest time into developing the foundation that is required to run it effectively, it’s very likely you’ll be able to make a lot of money (100k+) while working relatively few hours in a week. However, before you can do this, you must do the things that most teachers don’t do. I discuss this in great detail in this free resource about making more money teaching guitar.
You Will Keep Your Guitar Students For Years At A Time
In addition to working on your general guitar teaching ability, when you treat your guitar teaching business seriously and begin attracting more serious clients, you will be able to KEEP these people as students for much longer periods of time. This happens because guitar students who are serious are more likely to study with you longer on their own AND finding innovative ways to build up the motivation of your students to keep working with you is one of the main core elements of any successful guitar teaching business.
Your Guitar Students Will Tell All Their Friends To Take Lessons With You
One of the perks that comes along with having serious guitar students is the increased amount of referrals you will get compared to the amount you will get from ‘regular’ students. Chances are, your most serious students already know several other guitar players who are also serious about improving (and will be interested in working with someone who can help them get better). Once they find out that their friends are taking lessons with you, you will instantly be put on the top of their list when it comes to choosing a local guitar teacher to work with.
You Will Help Your Students Get MASSIVE Results In Less Time
Here is why this will happen:
1. Once you take action to expand your guitar teaching business by developing a solid foundation, you will attract tons of serious students. These students will feel much more inspired to improve their playing and do everything you tell them to do in your lessons. This will lead them to make tons of progress fast. Your other guitar students will notice this and feel inspired to achieve great results too (in many cases this will happen without them even being aware of it).
2. Once your guitar teaching business begins growing and you make a lot of money, it will be much easier for you to get better results for your students using unique approaches you never could’ve used if you were struggling to make ends meet (like the majority of guitar teachers).
Now that you know the main difference between highly successful guitar teachers and mediocre teachers, it’s up to you to decide which group you want to be a part of. If you are 100% serious about becoming a highly successful guitar teacher, this is what you must do right now:
1. Learn how to better develop a solid foundation for your guitar teaching business by studying this free resource about making more money teaching guitar.
2. Arrange time every week to work on building your guitar teaching business as a whole rather than investing all your time into merely preparing lessons, thinking about what to teach the students coming in today, etc.
3. Take the same path as successful Olympic athletes: find an experienced trainer who helps other guitar teachers achieve the greatest success possible in their local areas and who will show exactly how to do this for yourself. Your trainer will not simply tell you what needs to be done, but will hold you accountable for completing all the necessary steps for building a successful teaching business.
When you take these steps, you will separate yourself from the majority of guitar teachers (who never achieve anything significant) and take your guitar teaching business to the highest level.
If you did not download your free eBook about making more money teaching guitar from above, do so now.